Abraham-Hicks Discussion Home
 Search       Members   Calendar   Help   Home 
Search by username
Not logged in - Login | Register 
Abraham-Hicks Discussion > Forums > Abraham-Hicks Teachings and You > Seeking advice on attracting 12 million dollars

Seeking advice on attracting 12 million dollars
 Moderated by: Marc, Leslie, David  
 New Topic   Reply   Print 
AuthorPost
swordfish99
Member
 

Joined: Thu Feb 25th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 4
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Thu Feb 25th, 2010 11:25 pm
 Quote  Reply 
Hey everybody,

I've been listening and reading Abraham-Hicks material for a while now, and lately I've been trying to pinpoint the right method for me that can really help me attract something wonderful into my life to help me live freely and happily on my own!

So, after recently reading Abraham's book "The Vortex (where the law of attraction assembles all cooperative relationships)", near the end (around page 456 if you're interested) there's a great little section about how beliefs are just thoughts that you continue to think, and that once you believe something, it manifests into your experience.

Now I started thinking that this is a fabulously easy way to go about using the law of attraction - if I can just keep thinking "I have 12 million dollars in my bank account" over and over again, I will eventually come to believe it, and then I will start seeing the manifestation of all the money. And then of course, I can buy a nice condo and a great computer, have a lot of free time for myself to read and meditate, and everything would be really great.

So I really just wanted to check in with people that I feel have the most expertise on Abraham's teachings to see what you guys/girls think of this plan. Its easier than trying to feel good because, to be honest, there's not a whole lot to appreciate around me and I get kind of tired of appreciating my comfy bed :), and also I don't have to force myself to imagine a better life while trying my best not to look at where I am now. It seems generally easier...and so I was wondering whether it seems to be a sensible move to all you people as well.

One thing though, that I specifically am curious about, is whether you can just say it in your head or whether you have to feel it, and really try to imagine having this money...I heard Abraham write in one of their books that even if you don't feel anything at first, after repeating the thought enough you will. And also, that by trying to force things you are actually going against the flow because you are inadvertently (unconsciously, perhaps) aware of the lack more than the abundance in the vortex.

So, hopefully that wasn't too complex or anything, I just was curious what you all think about that. Thanks a bunch for your help, I hope that this is a nice easy way I can make things work :).

Good day,

-swordfish

Last edited on Thu Feb 25th, 2010 11:26 pm by swordfish99

LaughingWolf/CourageousSun
Member


Joined: Tue Jun 17th, 2008
Location: Seattle, Washington USA
Posts: 1590
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Thu Feb 25th, 2010 11:37 pm
 Quote  Reply 
Hi Swordfish,

There is a good chance that most people, even on this forum, will not quite be as lined up with the idea of doing this as you are.

But here is the real test: try it and find out. I can clearly feel that for you this is relief, and relief is magical. When you find relief now and again and over and over, previously unbelievable, miraculous things happen.

So I suggest you try this idea on and play with it. I know that this would be upstream for a lot of folks, but you are not 'a lot of folks'. You are YOU and you have some powerful alignment already going with this.

Play with it and see.

Radiant Rebecca

swordfish99
Member
 

Joined: Thu Feb 25th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 4
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Fri Feb 26th, 2010 12:30 am
 Quote  Reply 
cool, thanks for the feedback. i will indeed test it out

Last edited on Fri Feb 26th, 2010 12:31 am by swordfish99

ShimmerNow
Member
 

Joined: Thu Feb 25th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 19
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Fri Feb 26th, 2010 01:20 am
 Quote  Reply 
Hi Swordfish,

This is a remarkably interesting question.  One I have pondered for quite some time, and still am pondering.

I'm a fan of Abe as well as other "non-physical energy personalities" like Seth, Elias & Bashar.  I study them all as well as other sources of LoA material.  Each has a slightly different perspective, a slightly different message, but all harmonize.

I've often wondered, where are the "rags to riches" stories from long-time followers of Law of Attraction?  Surely there must be hundreds, probably thousands that have achieved some amazing reversal of fortune through just the method you suggest - thinking a thought until you believe it - right?  Where are all these stories I wonder?  Seth has been around for 45 years.  Abe and Bashar, roughly 25 years, Elias, 15 years.  And each have thousands, if not tens of thousands (Abe has possibly hundreds of thousands) of devoted followers.

And it would make sense that these stories would be legend amongst their respective followers (not to mention great marketing/testimonial fodder, right?).

I have a theory.  My theory stems primarily from Bashar teachings, but also draws from Seth, Elias and Abe.  And here it is...

If you listen to Bashar, he'll offer the same basic answer to the "How do I become/get what I desire as quickly as possible" question.  He'll say "Be what you want to become" or "Act like you're already who you wish to be" or "Act like you already have the thing that you desire"....to the best of your present abilities.  And as you act, so you begin to believe, and once you begin to believe, you come to know.  And when you "know", you are there.

If you "knew", you could just walk right into the bank and ask to withdraw your $12 million.

Now, why does it seem nobody has ever achieved this feat?  Simple, when you "know" you have the $12 million, you can't also "know" that the day/week/month before that you didn't have the $12 million.  You literally wake up one day "knowing" you have the $12 million.  That's what "knowing" is.

Remember, the "past" is just as changeable/malleable as the future.  By doing this, you have altered your "past" into one of having had this $12 million.

In other words, you won't "remember" NOT HAVING the $12 million when you pull this off.  You'll have no story to tell, no testimonial to give - because you "know" you have it, therefore "had it" at some point in the past.

Now, I may be wrong, but I can't think of another plausible scenario.  Either nobody has ever been able to achieve this (that has shared their story), or the theory stands on its own merit.  As you stated, it is just a belief that you have $10,000 in the bank versus $12 million.  If you can change that belief, you should see the manifestation.

Here's the catch.  As Abe says, you can't ponder a subject without considering all aspects of it vibrationally.  So, while pondering having $12 million in the bank (based on how far you are from that now), you must also ponder being $12 million in debt.  If you can control and maintain your vibration, you'll never have to "physically" experience the debt side of the equation.  If you don't have control of your vibration, you may be in for a bumpy ride!

And I get the "it's the journey, not the destination" part of Abe's teachings.  Nonetheless, Abe also teaches "a belief is just a though you keep thinking".  Therefore, the question stands on its own merit as reasonable and sound.

But I'm curious to hear other opinions on my theory.  Does it hold up based on your understanding? 

Cheers,

-Shimmer

latoya
Member
 

Joined: Sun Dec 27th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 32
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Fri Feb 26th, 2010 02:58 am
 Quote  Reply 
I can help you because I am living my manifestations as we speak. Abe is right. You have to do whatever it takes to turn those hopes into beliefs. Whatever is holding you back will turn into WAS holding you back because literally day to day you will began to feel more joyous. What was once an idea to me is now a reality and I feel wonderful. I have no money but I feel like 1 million dollars. Why? Because I wrote my way to my success and everything is happening in according to my journal. My inner being is in my writings and thats what has confirmed my journey. If im in the vortex im good but whenever im not i would write my deepest thoughts. sometimes rampage of appreciations and sometimes rampage of irritation. that how i got out my feelings. so much til I cleared up all resistance and and the whole time i felt my way thru. beginning to end. im flying high now. when your flying high your like a spoiled brat. you pick and choose every thought until it FEELS good. I thought i was internet marketing and i found my soul than everything falls into place...

swordfish99
Member
 

Joined: Thu Feb 25th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 4
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Fri Feb 26th, 2010 04:00 am
 Quote  Reply 
Well, that was certainly some interesting feedback.

Shimmer: Well it definitely seems like a paradox..but the way I always approached it was that when you believe something, then the manifestation should show itself pretty soon or immediately afterwards so that there is no contradiction or need to rewrite the memories in one's brain. The hardest part for me to accept is that thoughts, when repeated, form beliefs, because I always thought my beliefs were based on evidence. But if what Abraham is saying is true, then beliefs may not necessarily require evidence - which is a bit troubling, because I worry about brainwashing myself to the point where I may not even recognize reality anymore.

However I doubt I can rewrite my brain that thoroughly, and so my conclusion on how to make this work is that I really need to stop paying attention to reality and believe that I have it without paying attention to any evidence/reality for a while. Eventually, I figure I will have some indication or be drawn to certain events that will show me my manifestation, and then the belief in my mind will be validated.

So to summarize: You don't really have to rewrite any history or anything - I think if you were to be objective about the situation you would be fully aware of the fact that you didn't have 12 million yesterday and you probably don't have it today; its merely that you're choosing to focus on certain imaginative aspects over more realistic aspects, to the point where it actually forms a belief (somehow!), and then it all falls into place and you don't need to play the mental game anymore.

Also, looking at the link "moneymoe123" provided - perhaps the thought is merely acting as an affirmation that is slowly drawing events together, which culminate in a manifestation at the same time the thoughts transform into a belief. So really we're just doing the old-fashioned "look in the direction of what you want to align with it, and then allow it in" (paraphrased) idea that Abraham gave us in their book "ask and it is given".

At times like this I wonder whether I should just go back to the simplistic "get happy" idea that Abraham often uses, and try appreciating the heck out of everything, kind of like latoya did. Well maybe I'll try both, not sure..but yeah hopefully all goes well. Hopefully the rags-to-riches stories will be available online with more frequency in the upcoming months, with detailed explanations as to how things have happened and what techniques were used.

Good luck! Thank you everyone


:)

Celeste
Member


Joined: Sun Mar 22nd, 2009
Location: Forests, Fields, Lakes And Mountains, Oregon USA
Posts: 538
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Fri Feb 26th, 2010 05:02 am
 Quote  Reply 
And then of course, I can buy a nice condo and a great computer, have a lot of free time for myself to read and meditate, and everything would be really great.


Obviously you believe that having $12 million is the quickest, surest path to getting your condo, a great computer, time to read and meditate ... "and everything would be really great."  But you're forgetting one major thing:  the Universe has thousands upon thousands of ways to deliver to you what you want.

We're so accustomed to believing that money will solve everything, and that is such a false premise.  Sure, money is great, and a ton of money is really wonderful, but it isn't the money we're after ... it's what we get in exchange for money.  So if you want that condo, that computer, that easy-living lifestyle, take your focus off the $12 million path, and feel your way into what it would be like to live in that condo, to have that computer, to live your life in a leisurely manner.

The Universe responds to a clear, strong signal.  Put yourself in the condo in your mind, talk about the colors there, the design, the floorplan, what your furniture looks like.  Make it real as real can be.  Tear photos from magazines, grab pictures off the Net, make a scrapbook.  Talk about it like it's already happened.  If people laugh, so what!  Same with your computer, or with anything.  The Universe will receive your signal loud and clear and begin responding with evidence that shows up in your physical reality, to reflect your vibrational reality.

Don't get stuck on the $12 million, because the Universe may have something much more magical planned for you to deliver what you want ... and after all is said and done ... when you aren't even thinking of the money anymore ... bada-bing, bada-boom ... you win the freakin' lottery ::devil

The Universe has the nicest ways of rearranging molecules everywhere to give you what you want.  So turn over the reins, hand over the wheel, let the Universe be your servant and your guide.  Ask the Universe for inspiration ... it will deliver. 

Don't give up your desire for the $12 million, but let go of the belief that that's the only way you're going to get what you want.  That is the thought you keep thinking deep down, that is the signal you're sending to the Universe loud and clear ... and it's getting in your way.

::hearts 

 

robrave
Member
 

Joined: Thu Feb 25th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 7
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Fri Feb 26th, 2010 05:10 am
 Quote  Reply 
I have thought about this too but didn't act on it :)


I have also thinking of considering hypnosis. I've already read a lot about hypnosis results to beliefs. It can change your beliefs in an instant. For example, a very strong man was hypnotized and was suggested that he can't lift a pencil with his finger. And when he tried, even trying to his maximum power, even bulging his nerves, he can't lift it!!! That's the power of beliefs! That's the power of vibration! As Abe always says, no amount of action can compensate with opposing vibration.

Now, I've tried self-hypnosis and I can't seem to do it. I haven't been hypnotize before so I don't know how it feels.

Any insights?

::ohm

robrave
Member
 

Joined: Thu Feb 25th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 7
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Fri Feb 26th, 2010 05:11 am
 Quote  Reply 
Oh, Celeste you've got a nice point there :)


Celeste wrote: And then of course, I can buy a nice condo and a great computer, have a lot of free time for myself to read and meditate, and everything would be really great.


Obviously you believe that having $12 million is the quickest, surest path to getting your condo, a great computer, time to read and meditate ... "and everything would be really great."  But you're forgetting one major thing:  the Universe has thousands upon thousands of ways to deliver to you what you want.

We're so accustomed to believing that money will solve everything, and that is such a false premise.  Sure, money is great, and a ton of money is really wonderful, but it isn't the money we're after ... it's what we get in exchange for money.  So if you want that condo, that computer, that easy-living lifestyle, take your focus off the $12 million path, and feel your way into what it would be like to live in that condo, to have that computer, to live your life in a leisurely manner.

The Universe responds to a clear, strong signal.  Put yourself in the condo in your mind, talk about the colors there, the design, the floorplan, what your furniture looks like.  Make it real as real can be.  Tear photos from magazines, grab pictures off the Net, make a scrapbook.  Talk about it like it's already happened.  If people laugh, so what!  Same with your computer, or with anything.  The Universe will receive your signal loud and clear and begin responding with evidence that shows up in your physical reality, to reflect your vibrational reality.

Don't get stuck on the $12 million, because the Universe may have something much more magical planned for you to deliver what you want ... and after all is said and done ... when you aren't even thinking of the money anymore ... bada-bing, bada-boom ... you win the freakin' lottery ::devil

The Universe has the nicest ways of rearranging molecules everywhere to give you what you want.  So turn over the reins, hand over the wheel, let the Universe be your servant and your guide.  Ask the Universe for inspiration ... it will deliver. 

Don't give up your desire for the $12 million, but let go of the belief that that's the only way you're going to get what you want.  That is the thought you keep thinking deep down, that is the signal you're sending to the Universe loud and clear ... and it's getting in your way.

::hearts 

 

ShimmerNow
Member
 

Joined: Thu Feb 25th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 19
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Fri Feb 26th, 2010 05:22 am
 Quote  Reply 
Hi Swordfish,

Well I'm in total agreement about steering your attention away from your current reality.  If you're going to pull this off, you can't be wishy-washy about it.  You can't do it "half-way".  You've got to focus with great intent to change your belief.

Now, I don't think this is about "brainwashing" or "rewiring" yourself either in any detrimental sense.  Abe doesn't talk about this subject much, but others do.  And that is "Parallel realities" and "parallel yous" so I won't delve in deeply on this subject in the Abe forum.  But that's the gist.  YOU exists as countless "yous" in countless realities.  It is a matter of which "you" your attention is focused in.  All possible "yous" exist, it is only a matter of which "you" you're focused in.  Basic quantum mechanics, in that all probabilities exist everywhere simultaneously.  But I digress.

Now, if I understood your question correctly, you were asking about a, more or less, "instant manifestation", in the sense that over time you could simply shift your belief about how much money you had.  This as opposed to producing some product/service that, over time, created the $12 million incrementally.  So I wonder, how could one "believably" come in to $12 million in an instant.  Certainly there are a few plausible scenarios...i.e. lottery, inheritance, found buried treasure, saved a zillionaire's life and got a massive reward.  But certainly not nearly as many plausible scenarios as manifesting $20 bucks, right?

Therein lies the rub in my estimation.  Why have we not heard of such a story?  Surely a long time LoA'er would have been more than happy to share their reversal of fortune story and credit their source with this remarkable manifestation.

And let's be realistic, it's human nature in most cultures to wish/hope for more money.  Health and happiness aside, money is probably the most wished for thing.  It offers great freedom as you point out.  So I think it's fair to say that probably hundreds of thousands of fans of LoA have contemplated/wished/thought about being a millionaire/multi-millionaire/billionaire/whatever in varying degrees.  Are we to believe that none have been successful?  Methinks not!

And let's look at it from another angle.  Let's say you were able to change your belief and manifest the $12 million over the course of a month of intense practice.  And furthermore, let's say you actually remembered this and knew that the day before, and the day before that, etc., you had $1000 to your name.  Fair enough.  Now, how does the $12 million show up?  A couple suitcases full of cash in your living room?  Does your bank account balance now reflect $12 million on this day? 

If suitcases in your living room, what next?  Will you try to deposit this in your bank?  Do you think that will raise a few flags?  Or would you show up at the title company closing of your condo with a couple suitcases full of cash?  Think they might have some questions?

Or let's say your bank balance just suddenly jumped up by $11,999,000.  Would there be a mysterious deposit slip from some unknown source?  Do you think your bank would believe some computer glitch/error had occurred and freeze your account?  Do you think your bank might have some questions as to where the cash came from?

How do you explain it?  Do you think the bank is going to believe you simply changed your beliefs about how much money you had through applying LoA and the teachings of Abraham?

I ask these questions, not so much rhetorically, but in fun.  How do imagine explaining where the $12 million came from to the bank, friends, family, etc.?  I've tried to play out these scenarios for a while now.  It's been so enjoyable to contemplate and I'm glad you asked the question here today.  I was thinking of doing the same soon.

And  I think you're right. I think it can be done, in fact, I think it has been done numerous times.   Surely someone, at some time, has been vibrating at the top of the EGS and has thought/felt/desired a very big stack of cash - and manifested it easily.  But the fact that we've never heard a story like this leads me to my theory.

I think that by virtue of convincing yourself through great intent, repetition, that you have the $12 million causes you to effectively shift realities, or shift your focus into another probable "you" that has the $12 million, and thus "had" the $12 million all along.  Therefore, there is no "testimonial" no story to tell.  You simply become the "you" who had the $12 million....no questions asked.

I have another theory, seemingly less likely, but still plausible.  I'd like to hear what others think of the first one however before adding a new one.

So here are the possibilities as I see it:

1.  It just isn't possible to make this big of a jump -> While possible, I think it is highly unlikely based on everything I understand from Abe, et al.

2.  It is possible, but those that have done it have not been willing to tell their stories -> More likely, but still, seems like someone would have come forward by now?

3.  My leading theory that when you shift into "knowing" you have it, you don't remember not having it

4.  My remaining mystery theory...

I'm incredibly curious as to what others here think.  Please share your thoughts...what do you think?

Cheerios,

-Shimmer

Fabs222
Member


Joined: Wed Sep 9th, 2009
Location: Crozet, Virginia USA
Posts: 420
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Fri Feb 26th, 2010 05:24 am
 Quote  Reply 
ShimmerNow wrote:

I've often wondered, where are the "rags to riches" stories from long-time followers of Law of Attraction?  Surely there must be hundreds, probably thousands that have achieved some amazing reversal of fortune through just the method you suggest - thinking a thought until you believe it - right?  Where are all these stories I wonder? 


ShimmerNow,

There has been a few threads lately with these stories.

Here are the link to some I remember:

http://theabeforum.com/forum2/15677-1.html

http://theabeforum.com/forum2/15435.html

http://theabeforum.com/view_topic.php?id=14585&forum_id=2&jump_to=194307#p194307

And one of my favorite: http://theabeforum.com/forum2/13304-1.html

Enjoy!

Fabienne

ShimmerNow
Member
 

Joined: Thu Feb 25th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 19
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Fri Feb 26th, 2010 07:04 am
 Quote  Reply 
Hi Fabienne,

Thanks for the links.  I have read these stories, and I think they are very interesting.  Especially the SugarFree story about her invention that manifested $20 million.  I think it's fascinating how she talks about having always felt like she had it, like not that much changed.  This story has piqued my curiosity.  I sure look forward to her sharing more details some day...

Yet, none of these stories are quite what I was getting at relating to Swordfish's question and my "rags to riches" point.  And that is, an instant shift in your bank balance through a change in beliefs about your balance.

Maybe it simply isn't the best way to go about it?  Maybe the universe always delivers a plausible scenario for how one receives the money so as to avoid the "where did this money come from" situation?  Maybe it is too much of a "controlling" mindset which never works out the way you planned?  And maybe, just maybe, if you try it this way, and it works out, the IRS, FBI and DEA come a knockin' when you have no "rational" explanation for how that money showed up. :)  One of those "be careful what you wish for...." situations.  Hmmmmmmm? 

Anyway, I love these stories.  They are very inspirational.  Thanks for sharing them.

Cheerios,

-Shimmer

lifeisgood
Member


Joined: Fri Mar 21st, 2008
Location: Vienna, Virginia USA
Posts: 1498
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Fri Feb 26th, 2010 11:59 am
 Quote  Reply 
Once you know what you want and ask (12million dollars) You must:

1. learn to be happy without it.

2. Not "NEED" it

3. appreciate the cooperative components that are manifesting to take you to it. It will happen.

By having an instant manifestation, we cheat ourselves of the ride or process of creation. Which is what we came here for. We would also have to deal with instant manifestaions of other things that we thought about that we DO NOT want.::money

CreatorChristine
Member


Joined: Sun Dec 27th, 2009
Location: My Perfect Launchpad, Germany
Posts: 1067
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Fri Feb 26th, 2010 08:22 pm
 Quote  Reply 
Okay, swordfish, I'm going to chime in with the things that jumped out at me in your initial post. I'll bold and underline those and then give you my thoughts.

swordfish99 wrote: Hey everybody,

I've been listening and reading Abraham-Hicks material for a while now, and lately I've been trying to pinpoint the right method for me that can really help me attract something wonderful into my life to help me live freely and happily on my own!
This is probably the most difficult to implement, but for you to manifest the circumstances that will allow you to live freely and happily on your own, you've got to start FEELING free and happy on your own, in other words without those said circumstances. You've got to feel as free and  happy as you can NOW. You at least have to make peace with your current situation/no longer resist it.
So, after recently reading Abraham's book "The Vortex (where the law of attraction assembles all cooperative relationships)", near the end (around page 456 if you're interested) there's a great little section about how beliefs are just thoughts that you continue to think, and that once you believe something, it manifests into your experience.I haven't read "The Vortex" yet - it's still in my escrow ::dancemicky::rollingsmiley - but Abraham have also said that you must be a pure vibrational match to that which you wish to manifest. If you have unconscious beliefs that contradict the conscious belief you are training yourself into, you are sending out a mixed vibrational signal and your desire is blocked or you get mixed results.
Now I started thinking that this is a fabulously easy way to go about using the law of attraction - if I can just keep thinking "I have 12 million dollars in my bank account" over and over again, I will eventually come to believe it, and then I will start seeing the manifestation of all the money. And then of course, I can buy a nice condo and a great computer, have a lot of free time for myself to read and meditate, and everything would be really great.The operative term here is "would". Once again, you have to get to the feelings that you are expecting the manifestation to provide even before you see evidence of it. Hard, I know, it's brain-busting work to drop all the concepts we've learned over the years. But it's the work we have to do.
So I really just wanted to check in with people that I feel have the most expertise on Abraham's teachings to see what you guys/girls think of this plan.What the guys/gals here think or what anybody else thinks is irrelevant - even if I am spewing my thoughts here ::LOL. It's okay to ask for advice, though.:) Its easier than trying to feel good because, to be honest, there's not a whole lot to appreciate around me and I get kind of tired of appreciating my comfy bed :), Okay, I'm gonna sound a little harsh now, but it will only hurt a little, I promise:
Does the sun not rise where you live? Can you not breathe the air? Do you have a roof over your head, even if that's only a tent or a cardboard box? (There is actually at least one homeless member on this forum that I know of). Do you have running hot and cold water at your disposal? Working bathroom facilities (believe you me, there are so many people without those that there is actually a "World Toilet Day")? Do you have at least barely functional limbs and senses of some sort? Do you have half-way edible food to eat and potable water to drink? Can you hear birds singing, and dogs barking, and children laughing now and again? You've obviously got internet access somehow and thus access to this wonderful forum with all its absolutely magnificent members ::cool. Your English is pretty darn good, which I will take to mean that you've enjoyed a fairly decent education by worldwide standards, at least. You've got a comfy bed - we could break that down into: an appreciable mattress, a fluffy pillow or two, warm blankets, etc. I'll stop now. I think you get my drift.
and also I don't have to force myself to imagine a better life while trying my best not to look at where I am now. It seems generally easier...and so I was wondering whether it seems to be a sensible move to all you people as well.Abraham often say, "Be easy about it." If it feels forced, it feels off, which means it's not right for you, no matter what anyone else thinks. If it feels easier (not just intellectually seems), then that's the way you've got to go. Regarding the term "sensible": Sensible by whose standards? The word "sensible" comes from the Latin "sentire", meaning "to feel" - not "to think". If it feels right in your gut, then it's right. Hmmm, from the back of my mind comes the thought that perhaps you've had a far TOO decent education; that you might need to get out of your head a little bit. :) And voilĂ :One thing though, that I specifically am curious about, is whether you can just say it in your head or whether you have to feel it, and really try to imagine having this money...I heard Abraham write in one of their books that even if you don't feel anything at first, after repeating the thought enough you will. And also, that by trying to force things you are actually going against the flow because you are inadvertently (unconsciously, perhaps) aware of the lack more than the abundance in the vortex.What they mostly say is that you've got to feel good for feeling good's sake, not with the prime intent of getting your stuff. Get into the Vortex to feel good, not for the stuff. Once you feel good, the stuff will come on its own. They also say that what you want to feel is the essence of what the stuff will bring you - in your case freedom and happiness. So latch onto ANY thought that might give you the feelings of freedom and happiness, not just specifically the $12 million.
So, hopefully that wasn't too complex or anything, I just was curious what you all think about that. Thanks a bunch for your help, I hope that this is a nice easy way I can make things work :).

Good day,

-swordfish

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO "MAKE" ANYTHING WORK! In fact, I don't think you CAN "make things work"! That is the Universe's job! Drop the oars! Get out of the way! Allow! STEP 3! STEP 3! STEP 3!
By the way - why are you limiting yourself to $12 million? ::LOL

Here's to your feelings of freedom and happiness!

Christine

angelman66
Member


Joined: Tue Dec 11th, 2007
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida USA
Posts: 1761
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Fri Feb 26th, 2010 08:36 pm
 Quote  Reply 
Hi Swordfish - This sounds like a noble and exciting experiment!

Just a couple of thoughts:

- Yes, I do think that you do have to FEEL what it's like to be rich to vibrationally align with that amount of money. I would collect a lot of data to use in VirtualRealities - find out how a new Maserati smells and drives, go to real estate open houses featuring the kind of homes you'd like, treat yourself to a five-star restaurant or hotel or spa stay - so you'll be able to vividly capture how it FEELS.

- I LOVE your idea of repetition. How else do we learn our multiplication tables, or learn how to ride a bike? With practice! And Abraham says that if we singlemindedly focus on something for 17-68 seconds, the Law of Attraction will bring more thoughts, images and physical manifestations of like-vibration, so that would definitely be a good way to develop a belief and an expectation.

Please report your findings! Hopefully you will also keep a journal, so that when you manifest your first $12 million, you can publish a book to teach the rest of us to do the same!

Have fun!
-Chris


Last edited on Fri Feb 26th, 2010 08:38 pm by angelman66

swordfish99
Member
 

Joined: Thu Feb 25th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 4
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Fri Feb 26th, 2010 09:18 pm
 Quote  Reply 
:) very fascinating theories shimmer, I never imagined I would think so deeply about this issue, but I am happy to nonetheless!

I think I understand your point better now. Honestly, I figured I would just win the lottery (which is the main reason why I chose a number in the millions and not the hundreds of millions, or billions), and I would be inspired to drop by the local lottery stand one day and somehow become aware of the right numbers to play through some fortuitous "event" (maybe I would get a feeling to play the numbers that I wrote along the top row of a Sudoku puzzle, perhaps?). I haven't given too much thought as to how, but I always trusted that the law of attraction must succeed somehow if it is indeed a law, so I assumed that the "genius" of the universe/source would surprise me somehow.

But I do think its more likely if the events start unfolding before the belief exists - because I noticed that as I repeat the thought "I have 12 million" I actually feel good as I do it (which should happen since I'm focusing on what I want), and so according to Abraham there should be less resistance between me and my vortex, and events should start unfolding that, unbeknownst to me, could eventually lead to that moment when I find a way to make a lot of money.

So perhaps by the time you get to the point where your thought transforms into a belief, you've already aligned the right circumstances beforehand - because I'm guessing the belief could not exist without certain conditions being met, which were created on one's way up the emotional guidance scale (or equivalently over the course of repeating a thought which was aligned with one's vibrational escrow). And so I think getting to belief is kind of like making it to the top of a hill (and the thoughts were the journey upwards), and after that everything will fall into place naturally.

I know that there's supposed to be this cut-off point between when you are and aren't in the vortex though and apparently its between hope and belief (from one of their Youtube videos I think), and when you get to hope it pulls you in. So everything I'm saying could be wrong if the emotional content of the thought is still outside the vortex - i.e. you're not really climbing up the hill if you aren't even in hope, which is supposed to be enough to "pull you in". Apparently "contentment" isn't enough because its below hopefulness on the scale of emotions.

And if that's the case then we'll probably have to go with one of your theories. Although I would suggest that instead of a radical shift into a parallel reality, that instead there are retrograde effects of belief that go back in time to affect your past, helping to align the right circumstances so that you can manifest what you want in the present. I actually read something about how that's possible from a book called "The Intention Experiment" by Lynne McTaggart, where she talked about how intentions can work to change the past through some kind of random number generator experiment. The whole book is just a list of studies (I'm pretty sure a bunch of them were double-blind) that really got me interested in this whole area :).

Anyways I will be testing this out completely so one day I think I'll come back and make a post to say whether it worked. It seems pretty clear that it will if Abraham's writings are any indication - I wanted to quote a small snippet here: (page 457 of 488 on my ebook version of "the vortex")

"So what did we say? You have to keep thinking the thought until it becomes; you have to keep thinking the thought until you believe it - and when you believe it - it is. It's so simple. So what distracts you from that? Reality. Facts. So what? Everything that you see that you call reality is just coagulated, coalesced, combined thought - a thought that somebody thought long enough".

It sure seems like it'll work!

- - - - -
And I have just recently finished reading the latest two comments, so...I just wanted to say that I suppose you're right (Christine) in that I might be setting up a contradictory vibration based on some unconscious beliefs if I'm not careful..I was definately hoping to avoid that because it seems like such a tiresome practise, of going through all your baggage and disseminating what's not working and what is, and then doing the old focus wheel which I never tried because I feel it will take too much time and I kind of need results in the near future...

But I DO like the concept of finding more to appreciate. And I feel like that's an easier way to feel better/happier without having to worry about any unconscious issues because you aren't focusing on those issues when you are appreciating. I just can't accept this idea of letting go - because you have to do something (fundamentally) to get happy, you have to look for things to appreciate (an action in my mind) which is quite outside the norm for me, and requires a certain effort that feels like I'm pushing for something better. I can't relax and feel better because I will relax instead into my usual subconscious routines, and end up hanging around the vibration of "boredom" (on the emotional guidance scale). I never fully trusted that whole "let go of the oars" analogy because I always worry that I'm not feeling good enough to be in the vortex - I feel relief yes, but is that enough? Usually I feel as if I am in contentment, but the cut-off point for getting into the vortex is above that, between hope and belief. And so if I'm not in the vortex while I am relaxing, then I need to do something extra. So that's why I wanted a definitive method that I could trust to get in - and its either going to be appreciating everything I can or focusing on a thought and transforming it into a belief. Thanks for pointing out something to watch out for though, I might consider doing it the "old fashioned" way (get happy) if I feel like there are any unconscious beliefs getting in my way.

yes, and to angel I think I actually do end up feeling the vibrational essence of what I think about anyways - like it seems to come to me over time. So whether I seem to do it actively or let it come on its own, I think it should work out! So good news all around.

Thanks everybody, :)
-fish

Last edited on Fri Feb 26th, 2010 10:07 pm by swordfish99

vince
Member


Joined: Thu Jan 1st, 2009
Location: Illinois USA
Posts: 3
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sat Feb 27th, 2010 01:42 am
 Quote  Reply 
My path led me to study self-hypnosis around August 2008 and formally enrolled in a hypnotist course in July 2009.  1st you change emotions, which helps change recurring thoughts, and that changes beliefs.  I got so good at it that I started a meetup group, "Creating a Compelling Future"

If you have any questions about hypnosis let me know.

CreatorChristine
Member


Joined: Sun Dec 27th, 2009
Location: My Perfect Launchpad, Germany
Posts: 1067
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sat Feb 27th, 2010 08:35 am
 Quote  Reply 
Hi, me again!

swordfish99 wrote:
Honestly, I figured I would just win the lottery (which is the main reason why I chose a number in the millions and not the hundreds of millions, or billions), and I would be inspired to drop by the local lottery stand one day and somehow become aware of the right numbers to play through some fortuitous "event" (maybe I would get a feeling to play the numbers that I wrote along the top row of a Sudoku puzzle, perhaps?). I haven't given too much thought as to how, but I always trusted that the law of attraction must succeed somehow if it is indeed a law, so I assumed that the "genius" of the universe/source would surprise me somehow.::musicSOMEBODY's trying to tell the Universe HOW to do its JO-OB!!! ::music Based on the details just in your short description as to HOW you would be inspired, even down to HOW you might pick the winning numbers, I'd say you certainly ARE giving too much thought as to "HOW" !

<snip>

So perhaps by the time you get to the point where your thought transforms into a belief, you've already aligned the right circumstances beforehand ...
<snip>
... and when you get to hope it pulls you in.
BINGO!

<snip>
... I might be setting up a contradictory vibration based on some unconscious beliefs if I'm not careful..I was definately hoping to avoid that because it seems like such a tiresome practise, of going through all your baggage and disseminating what's not working and what is, and then doing the old focus wheel which I never tried because I feel it will take too much time and I kind of need results in the near future...
Do I hear someone shouting "No" at something here? ::wave::whistle And what's that funny siren noise that keeps getting louder? OMG - LACK ALERT! LACK ALERT! STEP 1! STEP 1! Burning Desire at 9 o'clock! Pivot! Pivot!

You don't "need" to work through the beliefs, you "want" to reach for relief. That's why I said to reach for thoughts that represent freedom and happiness independent of the moolah. So as not to activate any unconscious contradictory beliefs. Y'know? Cuz it's your single-minded focus on this one avenue of abundance that will activate those ...


But I DO like the concept of finding more to appreciate. And I feel like that's an easier way to feel better/happier without having to worry about any unconscious issues because you aren't focusing on those issues when you are appreciating. I just can't accept this idea of letting go - because you have to do something (fundamentally) to get happy, you have to look for things to appreciate (an action in my mind) which is quite outside the norm for me, and requires a certain effort that feels like I'm pushing for something better. I can't relax and feel better because I will relax instead into my usual subconscious routines, and end up hanging around the vibration of "boredom" (on the emotional guidance scale). I never fully trusted that whole "let go of the oars" analogy because I always worry that I'm not feeling good enough to be in the vortex - I feel relief yes, but is that enough? Usually I feel as if I am in contentment, but the cut-off point for getting into the vortex is above that, between hope and belief. And so if I'm not in the vortex while I am relaxing, then I need to do something extra. So that's why I wanted a definitive method that I could trust to get in - and its either going to be appreciating everything I can or focusing on a thought and transforming it into a belief. Thanks for pointing out something to watch out for though, I might consider doing it the "old fashioned" way (get happy) if I feel like there are any unconscious beliefs getting in my way.
<snip>
yes, and to angel I think I actually do end up feeling the vibrational essence of what I think about anyways - like it seems to come to me over time. So whether I seem to do it actively or let it come on its own, I think it should work out! So good news all around.

Thanks everybody, :)
-fish

Hmmmm, I seem to remember someone saying something about "too much time", "too much effort". ::whistle I do wonder how many increments of 17 seconds you invested in your rationalization of why letting go and getting happy is just too much work! You're working too hard at not having to work too hard! Please, for your own sake, get out of your head and be easier about this!

And yes, relief is enough, Abraham say that you can always find relief, even if you're at Positive Expectation. As far as doing "something extra" is concerned, I've got a suggestion for you. HAVE FUN! Find something that gives you even the slightest pleasure! Like maybe something that doesn't cost $12 million. Not even 12 bucks. Probably not even 12 cents. A little soapy water and a piece of wire bent into a loop and a little exhaling with puckered lips and you've got - HAPPY BUBBLES!


OOOOPS - wrong Bubbles!

There, that's better.

I hope your leg is not hurting too badly now from all my pulling it.::devil But even if it is - as angelman says, relief is only 17 seconds away. Not that much work, really.::hugging

Christine


Sun Dawta
Member


Joined: Tue Feb 16th, 2010
Location: Lovelyland, CA
Posts: 21
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sat Feb 27th, 2010 08:44 am
 Quote  Reply 
There is a woman from Los Angeles (well, Hawthorne really) who won $112 million in the Mega Millions Lottery almost two years ago and talked openly about studying LOA and Joseph Murphy's works. As told firsthand on TLC's "The Lottery Changed My Life", she meditated regularly and always stayed positive and sure that she was going to win. Her friends said she wrote "$112 million dollars!" multiple times a day and slept with a note that read "$112,000,000" under her pillow. She went as far as researching financial planners, cars, schools for the nieces and nephews she was raising and potential homes long before the win came. She says that her powerful belief and practices that led to her winning helped her manifest the win in about 4 months (not sure how important that is to you *shrug*). Her name is Cynthia Stafford. Google her. Inspiring stuff as far as I'm concerned. ::cool

There was also a woman by the name of Zorina Kroop from Thousand Oaks, CA or somewhere near there in the Valley who won $60 million and also swore by LOA. When asked why she thought she won, she said that she read The Secret and stayed positive. She also had the blue dot from the National Inquirer lol...

Stay with it, Swordfish! Like others have said, focusing on the amount may very well work, but focusing on WHY the money would be so wonderful is much more powerful. Yay!

Last edited on Sat Feb 27th, 2010 08:46 am by Sun Dawta

CreatorChristine
Member


Joined: Sun Dec 27th, 2009
Location: My Perfect Launchpad, Germany
Posts: 1067
Status:  Offline
 Posted: Sat Feb 27th, 2010 10:45 am
 Quote  Reply 
Sun Dawta wrote: meditated regularly and always stayed positive and sure that she was going to win. ... wrote "$112 million dollars!" multiple times a day and slept with a note that read "$112,000,000" under her pillow. She went as far as researching financial planners, cars, schools for the nieces and nephews she was raising and potential homes long before the win came.
Hmmmm, I don't know, sounds like an awful lot of WORK ::LOL! But it's exactly the kind that works if it feels right!

What great stories! ::TU


 Current time is 09:29 pm
Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  


 

 




Powered by WowBB 1.7 - Copyright © 2003-2006 Aycan Gulez